Our state-of-the-art residential research centre is just outside the village of Ruddington, near Nottingham, in the scenic surroundings of the picturesque Rushcliffe country park. Driving to the site is very easy, with free parking available for the duration of your visit.
You will stay in one of our wards which have between 8 and 20 beds; each ward has an ensuite shower and toilet, and there are a number of lounges, a games room and a conservatory for you to relax in.
There is lots to keep you busy during your stay:
- Relax watching Sky TV and movies from our DVD collection
- Stay connected online, with WiFi internet access for all your devices
- Catch up with the latest news, with a variety of magazines and newspapers
- Socialise with other volunteers, playing pool, board games and Xbox
- Have fun, with our programme of entertainment including bingo and team quizzes
- Relax with a book in our quiet lounges
- Catch up on your studies
We think you will enjoy staying here, and if you are a student – you may find it the perfect place to catch up on studying.
All your meals are freshly prepared on site, as there may be some restrictions on what you can eat and drink whilst taking part in a trial (like avoiding caffeine), so you are unable to bring any food with you. Some trials require you to eat a high fat breakfast including pork. If you are a vegetarian or have a special diet, please let us know during your screening visit as this may affect your ability to take part if you cannot accommodate the necessary diet.
You can watch a selection of short videos to see what past volunteers have to say about their stay.
If you have any questions, contact us or visit our FAQs page.